Re: [O] Makefile restructuring

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: [O] Makefile restructuring
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2012 20:30:49 +0200

Martyn Jago writes:
> Works nicely for me too, and I have a modified local.mk config for
> multiple Emacs versions and a non-default org location.
>
> Note: `make install check' will make, install, and run the tests!

Actually, "make up2" will update all remotes, do a "git pull" on the
current branch, compile and test and then finally install org all in one
go.  Once you have set things up the way you like, that's the fastest
way to keep current.  The real advantage however is that if there
happens to be an error someplace, make is smart enough to stop right
there and not install a not-quite working org over an older, but working
version.

Regards,
Achim.