Re: [O] Google Summer of Code -- 3 Org projects for our first participat

From: Richard Riley
Subject: Re: [O] Google Summer of Code -- 3 Org projects for our first participation!
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 13:29:40 +0200

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

> Dear all,
>
> we will have 3 students hacking Org thanks to Google and the GSoC
> program.  The list of all accepted projects can be checked here:
>
>   http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/projects/list/google/gsoc2012
>
> Congratulations to Thorsten, Aurélien and Andrew who made it!
> And special thanks to Thorsten, who really pushed me into this.

Really cool. org-mode just keeps growing while still keeping its core
simplicity. By far the biggest use I have now is as a simple journal
logger! If I may, and just for the future, what I'd really like to see
is a working org mode and google integration with gnus
integration. Possibly via googlecl which I used yonks ago for a googlecl
based blogger.com blog facility direct from org-files (still working
well enough and is in github (org-googlecl). I know there are some
proofs of concept already there but performance and usability were
pretty rudimentaty. bbdb's days are pretty much up in this day of
smartphone and "everyone integrates with google" ;) This integration
would obviously (!?!) integrate with google calendars which is then
already well catered for on just about any mobile device.