Re: [O] Dimming ancestors in the agenda (relevant to indenting nested TO

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: [O] Dimming ancestors in the agenda (relevant to indenting nested TODOs in agenda views)
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 14:25:39 +0800

On Tue, Apr 24 2012, Bastien wrote:

> Hi Eric,
>
> Eric Abrahamsen <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Okay, here's an attempt at indicating nested todos in the todo agenda
>> view.
>
> Sorry to come back to this old patch -- I tried it (I had to rework it
> to apply it against current git master) and it doesn't work, some calls
> go beyond `max-lisp-eval-depth' (I don't have a backtrace right now.)
>
> I marked the patch as "Not applicable" on the patchwork.
>
> If you are still interested in progress in this area and have something
> to test, please let us know.
>
> Thanks!

Hi Bastien,

No worries, that was an old patch and I'm not surprised it doesn't apply
cleanly anymore. More importantly, I think what I was trying to do is
being superseded by org-element. The goal was to have a way to indicate
nested todos in the agenda view, and this particular patch made that
happen by collecting todos into a tree, not a flat list. org-element
does the same thing (and much more) for different purposes; if I
revisited nested todos, I would just write it on top of org-element,
rather than the existing org-agenda code. Eventually!

Thanks,
Eric

--
GNU Emacs 24.1.50.2 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.10)
 of 2012-04-15 on pellet