Re: [O] error on opening org-file with #+startup: indent

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: [O] error on opening org-file with #+startup: indent
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 06:29:37 +0200

fkunze writes:
>   Regarding the installation instructions: At first I started here
> (http://orgmode.org/manual/Installation.html#Installation) but since I am
> running on windows 7, I have no access to "Make".  I want to avoid installing
> cywin as it typically fails to track windows 7 x64.  As far as I can tell,
> make
> is unnecessary as well since you can hand compile all the files (as I
> described
> in my bug report). It's my mistake that I failed to notice the requirement to
> add (require 'org-install).

The make from MSys would also work.  Again, it is not the (missing or
not) byte-compilation that is the problem.

I plan to provide a way to generate the autoloads without make, maybe
even automatically when they are determined to be missing.  Until then
you'd have to do this by hand; start emacs (preferrably with options
"--no-init -Q -l autoload") and enter this into the scratch buffer (the
path must be an absolute one):

(setq generated-autoload-file "~/.emacs.d/org-7.8.09/lisp/org-install.el")
(update-directory-autoloads "lisp")

Then move the cursor to the end of each line and press C-j

Regards,
Achim.