Re: [O] [babel] hide inline source code blocks by results

From: Eric Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] [babel] hide inline source code blocks by results
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 18:07:13 +0930

Eric Schulte <address@hidden> writes:

> Currently inline blocks like don't associate themselves with their
> results, they are only expected to be evaluated on export, so the
> functionality you suggest below would require first changing how results
> are associated with inline code blocks.
>
> Another option would be to hide everything but the body of the block,
> but this may be more confusing than it is worth.

Eric,

I do like what Torsten suggested a lot.  I wonder if a halfway solution
would be possible.  Define a babel: link type which includes the src_xxx
code and let the description part of the link be whatever the author
wants it to be.  I wouldn't mind not knowing the result of the code
execution as I don't know that at the moment anyway.

So, something like this would be nice:

... and the result is [[babel:src_octave{3*x+5}][f(x)]] which
demonstrates ...

which would look like

... and the result is f(x) which demonstrates ...

(with f(x) highlighted as a link).

Could something like this be possible?

And, to take this further, could the highlighting differ depending on
link type?  I've not explored this latter aspect so maybe it's already
possible...

thanks,
eric

--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 24.1.50.1
: using Org-mode version 7.8.06 (release_7.8.06.181.g67694.dirty)