Re: [O] HTML export fails with (void-variable org-version)

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: [O] HTML export fails with (void-variable org-version)
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 07:26:41 +0200

Bernt Hansen writes:
> Thanks for the detailed explanation Achim.  I hope my problem report on
> this issue wasn't taken as a complaint - it wasn't intended that way --

Don't worry, problem reports are appreciated (even in the form of
comaplints, which yours weren't).  As I said before, I do want to
support everything non-buggy that the old Makefile did.

> I'll redo my make autoloads after pointing at NT Emacs (tomorrow) and
> will remove emacs from Cygwin since the only reason I installed it in
> the first place was to try to get make autoloads to complete.

If you pull from latest Git you should get a Makefile that drops a
local.mk into your lap that you only need to edit (unless you already
have one).  It already has a default target that includes "autoloads".
It also updates the info documentation, which should work when you have
makeinfo on Cygwin.  If not, just put your own default target there
without "info", but having a current documentation comes highly
recommended.

> Your efforts on cleaning up the Makefile system for org-mode are really
> appreciated.  I'll just add 'make autoloads' to my list of things to do
> when updating my master branch in git.

That should be a only temporary measure, it will eventually work as it
did before — with some magic behind the curtains to DTRT(TM) instead of
relying on buggy behaviour.

Regards,
Achim.