Re: [O] mail integration, advice?

From: Eric Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] mail integration, advice?
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2012 17:55:04 +0930

Rasmus <address@hidden> writes:

> Matt Price <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I'd like to take one more shot at returning to text-based email within
>> emacs, mostly because I want to be able to integrate mail easily into
>> my org-mode workflow.

> I used wl but switched to Gnus.

ditto.

>> - wl causes emacs to freeze up when it checks or sends mail, and can
>> take quite a long while to complete these operations
>
> I know of no solution to this.  You could run a dedicated Gnus process
> if it bothers you.

This is what I do. I have two emacs instances running all times, one for
email and one for everything else.  The second one includes all org
related stuff.  As I do capture things in org from email (gnus), I do
have to make sure that I save my org files frequently.  There's no issue
in terms of getting stuff lost as org does lock any modified but not
saved files and the other emacs will prompt if you try to save something
to an org file that has not been saved in other emacs.

--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 24.1.50.1
: using Org-mode version 7.8.09 (release_7.8.09-406-g0233eb @