Re: [O] defining a clocktable in a capture template with absolute timesp

From: Bernt Hansen
Subject: Re: [O] defining a clocktable in a capture template with absolute timespan computed relative to today
Date: Wed, 02 May 2012 17:44:02 -0400

Brian van den Broek <address@hidden> writes:

> After doing this for a while, I abandoned it as having too much
> overhead for how I am presently working. I am on leave from a college
> teaching job for this academic year, and most of the projects that I
> am working on are large ongoing ones that I want to work on each day,
> but don't have broken down into estimate-able subtasks. (For instance,
> I am writing a textbook; I want to spend at least 2 hours a day on
> that, and will keep doing so until it is done, but there are no
> detailed subtasks suitable for estimation.) There is little flux and
> it is easy enough to tell by use of the clock table alone how well I
> am living up to my intentions.

For this maybe try clocking the task in with an effort estimate of 2
hours and CLOCK_MODELINE_TOTAL property set to 'today'

* TODO Work on some task for 2 hours daily
:PROPERTIES:
:CLOCK_MODELINE_TOTAL: today
:Effort: 2:00
:END:
[2012-05-02 Wed 17:41]

then you can easily see how much time you've spent on the task on the
modeline daily as you work on it (and what your limit/target amount is)

HTH,
Bernt