[O] Touching :noexport: regions

From: François Pinard
Subject: [O] Touching :noexport: regions
Date: Fri, 04 May 2012 18:08:16 -0400

Hi, people.  I doubt there is an easy solution, but here I go nevertheless.

Many of my Org notes are published to the Web, which have :noexport:
headers.  It is very convenient that Org allows me to keep all parts
together, whether parts are published or not, in a single Org file.

There is some machinery on my side involved into publication, which I
would rather avoid if not necessary.  My little problem is that Org
checks the file time stamp, and Emacs does not distinguish, of course,
if I modify a part which is within a :noexport: region.

The only idea I got (but I did not really torture me into this yet!) is
to maintain a kind of a cache of files before edit, and write a
specialized file comparator that would re-establish previous time stamps
when nothing publishable has been changed.  Any clever idea, someone? :-)

François