Re: [O] [Bug] New LaTeX exporter ignoring noexport

From: Andreas Leha
Subject: Re: [O] [Bug] New LaTeX exporter ignoring noexport
Date: Sun, 06 May 2012 22:39:09 +0200

Hi Nicolas,

> Hello,
>
> Andreas Leha <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> for me the new latex exporter seems to ignore the :noexport: tag with
>> regard to source block execution.
>>
>> If I export this example, both source blocks get evaluated.
>
> :noexport: isn't a directive that Babel recognizes.  As a consequence,
> a :noexport: tag won't prevent a source block from being executed.
> There are other ways to specify it at the Babel level, though.
>
> On the other hand, a :noexport: tag prevents a subtree from being
> published, which is what happens here, as far as I can tell.
>
> Therefore, I don't qualify this as a bug.

Fair enough.  I was just surprised, that the new exporter behaves
differently from the old one in this respect.

(
 And I still think, that
 1) the differentiation between babel and export wrt :noexport: is not
    intuitive and
 2) turning off evaluation for a subtree on "Babel level", is not as
    straight forward and visual as the simple :noexport: tag.

 So all in all I'll miss this feature in the new exporter.
)

Regards,
Andreas