Re: [O] links to folders with non-english characters don't work (emacs 2

From: Christian Moe
Subject: Re: [O] links to folders with non-english characters don't work (emacs 23&24 on osx)
Date: Tue, 08 May 2012 16:54:06 +0200

Hi,

I cannot reproduce AJR's problem (and I'm a happy user of both æøå and other strange characters on the Mac). I created a dør.txt file and opened it with a file:~/org/dør.txt link. I clicked a http://www.dører.no link and got the appropriate URL in the Firefox address bar.

I'm on Emacs 23.3.1 and OS X 10.6.8, with current-language-environment always set to "UTF-8".

AJR, do you only have this trouble with links, or do you experience other encoding issues as well?

Yours,
Christian