[O] [babel] problem with colnames

From: Andreas Leha
Subject: [O] [babel] problem with colnames
Date: Tue, 08 May 2012 20:55:31 +0200

Hi all,

I have a question regarding colnames in babel source blocks.

Suppose, I have a source block (in R) that has as input a table and returns a
table.  And I would like to have the resulting table with column
names, but the input table does not have column names.

How can I achieve this?

Here is an example:

The input table

#+name: intab
| bla |
| blu |

By default, the colnames are stripped off the result:

#+begin_src R :var intab=intab
  colnames(intab) <- "rara"

  intab
#+end_src

#+results:
| bla |
| blu |

The same happens when setting :colnames no

#+begin_src R :var intab=intab :colnames no
  colnames(intab) <- "rara"

  intab
#+end_src

#+results:
| bla |
| blu |

Setting :colnames yes strips the first row from the input:

#+begin_src R :var intab=intab :colnames yes
  colnames(intab) <- "rara"

  intab
#+end_src

#+results:
| rara |
|------|
| blu  |

Finally, setting :colnames nil also strips the first row from the input:

#+begin_src R :var intab=intab :colnames nil
  colnames(intab) <- "rara"

  intab
#+end_src

#+results: