[O] Protect subtrees against changes

From: Harri Kiiskinen
Subject: [O] Protect subtrees against changes
Date: Wed, 09 May 2012 11:37:17 +0300 (EEST)

Hi!

I was wondering if there was a way to protect a sub-tree against
changes? For example, I keep a list of things and especially numbers
series to remember in an org-file, and it would be nice to protect
this sub-tree against any accidental changes while still being able to
view those trees. Perhaps with a tag that marks the subtree
'protected' so no edits can be done to it?

I have not found anything in the documentation supporting the
existence of such a feature, and if it does not exist, can anyone
point me to a sensible direction if I wanted to implement such a
feature.

Best,

Harri K.