Re: [O] How to get to work non-interactive publishing?

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] How to get to work non-interactive publishing?
Date: Fri, 18 May 2012 08:19:02 -0400

"Mikhail Titov" <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello!
>
> I can publish project if I don’t use –-batch . So the following works
> just fine: emacs -nw --eval '(org-publish-project "myproj")'
>
> However nothing happens if I try emacs --batch --eval '(org-publish-project
> "myproj")'
>
> Does anybody have an idea how to pin point the problem? It just
> returns almost instantaneously with no output to stderr.
>
> I do use ESS, and I have lots of R code some of which is intentionally
> non-cached. I’m running GNU Emacs 24.1.50.2 (revno: 108254) with
> default orgmode if it makes any difference.
>
> Thank you,
> Mikhail

Hi Mikhail,

Using batch mode shouldn't be causing any problems with the export
process, is it possible that something in your personal config is not
compatible with batch-mode?  I have a number of projects in which I
export using a batch Emacs process (generally from a make file).  My
Makefile rules tend to look like the following.

    EMACS=emacs
    BATCH_EMACS=$(EMACS) --batch -Q -l init.el document.org

    document.tex: document.org init.el
            $(BATCH_EMACS) -f org-export-as-latex

where init.el contains all of the init necessary for the particular
project.  For a complete working example see the replication materials
at http://www.jstatsoft.org/v46/i03.

Best,

--
Eric Schulte