Re: [O] installation questions

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: [O] installation questions
Date: Sat, 19 May 2012 17:36:41 +0200

Yagnesh Raghava Yakkala writes:
> 1. Is the above snippet is all that is needed to load org.?

The "public" interfaces of org should all be autoloaded, IMHO.  Bastien
may be able to answer why some of the interactive functions are not
autoloaded (my guess is that they may need some initialization, but it
may purely be an oversight).

> 3. why is contrib folder not byte compiled with make.? It seems there is no
>    argument for make to do this.

The build system is for org core.  If you want to install something from
contrib, please copy the file into the lisp directory (you can try them
out without byte-compilation by simply loading the files in question).

Regards,
Achim.