Re: [O] [babel] java headless support is missing for most graphing langu

From: Mikhail Titov
Subject: Re: [O] [babel] java headless support is missing for most graphing languages
Date: Sat, 19 May 2012 20:53:31 -0500

On 05/19/2012 05:41 PM, Eric Schulte wrote:
>>> What version of Org are you using?
>> Hello, Bastien!
>>
>> It is 7.8.09 from default emacs 24.1.50.2 (revno: 108254). I have no X11
>> server running.
>>
> If I understand correctly you were able to execute successfully after
> adjusting your ditaa header arguments.  Is that correct?
Hi Eric!

Yes, it works for ditaa. However I was unable to do that for plantuml as
it does not respect :java alist (?) element in a similar fashion. I had
to edit ob-plantuml.el for that as it has hardcoded "java -jar" so no
way to insert anything in-between.
> If so then I believe ob-ditaa should be left as is, given that it works
> for most cases out of the box, and that you were able to easily adjust
> it to work without an X server.
I am confident that for all folks working with orgmode remotely using,
let's say, SSH connection without X11 tunneling, blocks calling such
java tools will fail. So I'd call it a bug. Either there should be a way
to supply :java to other similar "languages", or headless option should
be set by default.

M.