Re: [O] README.org on github

From: suvayu ali
Subject: Re: [O] README.org on github
Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 17:54:39 +0200

Hi Tom,

On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 3:29 PM, Tom Regner <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> suvayu ali <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I see source blocks formated as example blocks. Is that the same as you
>> are seeing? If so, I wouldn't call that support for source blocks. I
>> would expect to see syntax highlighting like pure source files on
>> GitHub.
>
> org-ruby is in it's current form not capable to do that, but it's
> currently actively developed [fn:1] (maybe not for org-mode standards :-D,
> the last
> commit was 8 days ago) and there are a few items on the todo list.
>
> And all shortcomings aside, an update on github/markups side would at
> least make the usage of org-documents on github bearable.

Sorry if my comments seemed like a complaint/gripe. When an org-mode
user says, "feature bla" is supported they usually mean the whole
thing, with all the bells and whistles (e.g. source block would imply
with syntax highlighting). So I just wanted to clarify it was
incorrect to say "source blocks are supported".

> Only sufficient demand for org-documents will foster betterment I guess.

Yes I realise that. I have never interacted with GitHub staff for
feature requests. Being a long time org-mode user (post-6.33, that's
ages in org years :-p), maybe I should give that a try.

--
Suvayu