[O] Bug? attr_html does not function with ~/ instead of /home/username/

From: John Hendy
Subject: [O] Bug? attr_html does not function with ~/ instead of /home/username/
Date: Sun, 27 May 2012 00:15:03 -0500

Image size attr_html property doesn't seem to be respected for me if I
use ~/ instead of /home/username. For a concrete example:

This doesn't work (no width parameter is inserted into the exported code):
-----
* Section

#+attr_html: width="200"
[[~/Downloads/histogram-by-year.png]]
-----

This works:
-----
* Section

#+attr_html: width="200"
[[/home/jwhendy/Downloads/histogram-by-year.png]]
-----

If it's for some rational reason, perhaps it should just be
documented. I've run into this type of thing before:
-- http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2010-09/msg00037.html

Thanks!
John