Re: [O] date added into logbook?

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [O] date added into logbook?
Date: Mon, 28 May 2012 14:56:12 -0500

On Mon, May 28, 2012 at 2:01 PM, Michael Gilbert <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi all —

[snip]

> I have a desire to better track the history of notes and tasks, as they get
> created, refiled, etc. This involves several elements, but one of them
> involves a piece that I've wanted for a while: a way to keep the data that is
> lost when I refile an item from my default date-tree file — the date the item
> was created/added.
>
> Perhaps there is some obvious (but mysterious to me) variable I can set for
> this, but I haven't found it. What I want is to be able to have a string
> similar to the others added to the logbook (like " - Refiled on [2012-05-28
> Mon 11:33]"), but for the date/time the item first appeared.

Bernt Hansen does this (I think this is what you're looking for). Can this help?
-- http://doc.norang.ca/org-mode.html#sec-15-21

#+begin_src elisp
(defun bh/insert-inactive-timestamp ()
  (interactive)
  (org-insert-time-stamp nil t t nil nil nil))

(defun bh/insert-heading-inactive-timestamp ()
  (save-excursion
    (org-return)
    (org-cycle)
    (bh/insert-inactive-timestamp)))

(add-hook 'org-insert-heading-hook
'bh/insert-heading-inactive-timestamp 'append)
#+end_src

Best regards,
John