[O] unfound defuns and catch forms on XEmacs 21.5 (was: [Orgmode] find-l

From: Tim Howe
Subject: [O] unfound defuns and catch forms on XEmacs 21.5 (was: [Orgmode] find-library-name, used by org-reload, missing on XEmacs)
Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 02:34:16 -0400

On 5 Apr 2009, Carsten Dominik <address@hidden> wrote:

> thanks for this, org-reload now works on XEmacs.
>
> On Mar 31, 2009, at 8:38 PM, Tony E. Bennett wrote:
>
>> org-reload needs 'find-library-name', which is missing on XEmacs v21.5
>> at least.   However there is 'find-library' which can be coerced into
>> providing the filename

For some reason I just encountered this with Org-mode version 7.8.11 on
XEmacs 21.5  (beta31) "ginger" [Lucid] (x86_64-pc-linux, Mule).

Built by running make leaving everything stock but for EMACS=xemacs;
the build crashed complaining about a missing 'find-library-name'.

I was able to get it to build by pasting this function at the very top
of lisp/org.el and restarting a clean build.

Perhaps there's a declaration ordering problem, or something akin to a
missing eval-when?  (I'm much more familiar with Common Lisp than
(X)Emacs Lisp, sorry.)  I also have a weird problem where trying to
generate an agenda breaks thusly:

Lisp error: (no-catch :skip t)
  org-agenda-get-timestamps()

Yet if I simply re-evaluate the org-agenda-get-timestamps defun,
everything works for the remainder of the session.  Evaluating
(byte-compile 'org-agenda-get-timestamps) makes everything break again.

Otherwise everything seems to work great.

Regards,
--
Tim Howe
http://quadium.net/~vsync/

My whole approach in broadcasting has always been "You are an
important person just the way you are.  You can make healthy
decisions."  ... I just feel that anything that allows a person to
be more active in the control of his or her life, in a healthy way,
is important.
        -- Fred Rogers