Re: [O] How to export both Asymptote code and its result

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] How to export both Asymptote code and its result
Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 09:22:16 -0600

Vladimir Lomov <address@hidden> writes:

> So I don't get the idea of ``#+CALL''. It doesn't work in this case. I
> thought I can show code and after small explanation the resulted
> image. But seems I'm allowed to get PNG file only with BEGIN|END_SRC
> block while image be placed right after the block.

The placement of header arguments in #+call lines can be tricky.  What
you want to do is possible, please review the syntax of call lines in
the manual.

http://orgmode.org/manual/Evaluating-code-blocks.html

> I came to this:
>
> #+NAME: fig1
> #+BEGIN_SRC asymptote :exports both :results silent :file "fig1.png"
> <<CODE>>
> #+END_SRC
>
> Result:\\
> [[./fig1.png]]
>
> This is essential that I want.

If your main goal is simply to separate the code block and the result
you do not need to use call lines.  With a names code block the result
may live *anywhere* in the Org-mode file and need not immediately follow
the code block.

Best,

--
Eric Schulte