Re: [O] Org, Org-mode, Orgmode, Org Mode

From: Philip Rooke
Subject: Re: [O] Org, Org-mode, Orgmode, Org Mode
Date: Sun, 03 Jun 2012 09:30:12 +0100

Thorsten Jolitz <address@hidden> writes:

> Achim Gratz <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Looking at the documentation and also the website and Worg, I see that
>> we still use all these monikers interchangeably in both capitalized and
>> lowercase form throughout.  I seem to remember that there was some
>> discussion that only one of them should be used going forward, but I
>> can't find it...
>>

>> Regards,
>> Achim.
>
> look at:
> /org-mode/doc/Documentation_Standards.org
>
> in your Org-mode (?) distribution

See below for an historical data point.

I wrote that standards doc after an off-list discussion/agreement with
Carsten and Bastien back in early 2008 and just before I made an effort
to tidy up these sort of issues in the docs.

Obviously Org development, awareness and use has exploded since those
days and so it seems reasonable to check whether what we said back then
remains relevant today.  I don't really mind what the standard is but I
certainly agree that having one is a good thing.

Regards,

Phil