Re: [O] non-existent agenda file ~/file.txt. [R]emove from list or [A]bo

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: Re: [O] non-existent agenda file ~/file.txt. [R]emove from list or [A]bort?
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2012 14:58:09 +0200

Hello,

Thanks a lot Nick, François, Bastien... and Carsten who put me on right
tracks...

"Sebastien Vauban" wrote:
> These last days, I've observed that, whenever creating a new Org file (to be
> precise, when saving it), I'm asked:
>
>     non-existent agenda file ~/file.txt. [R]emove from list or [A]bort?
>
> I'm then forced to answer `R' for the save to be done.

I found the responsible: the call to `dmj/org-remove-redundant-tags'[1] in the
`before-save-hook':

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
        ;; make sure that things are clean and always up-to-date
        (add-hook 'before-save-hook
                  '(lambda ()
                     (when (eq major-mode 'org-mode)
                       (dmj/org-remove-redundant-tags)
                       (org-align-all-tags)
                       (org-update-all-dblocks)
                       (org-table-iterate-buffer-tables)
                       )))
#+end_src

Without it, the above problem disappears.

Any idea on how to get that work done (i.e., removing redundant tags when
saving the file), without bringing the problem back to the scene?

Best regards,
  Seb

[1] See http://orgmode.org/worg/org-hacks.html#sec-1-7-1

--