Re: [O] Bug: org-capture Does not take user to any new buffer

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: org-capture Does not take user to any new buffer
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2012 19:37:58 +0200

Nick Dokos writes:
> [I hope Achim Gratz takes a look at this: he would have a much better
> handle on what exactly is going wrong here - in particular, emacs on
> windows is a black box to me]

Thanks for the flowers, but I don't think I've got any more clues than
you on the issue.

The OP said he's been byte-compiling org by hand.  He's on 23.3, which
(IIRC) means that the base org that comes with Emacs is a 6.36 or so
version.  AFAIR, org-called-interactively-p got implemented as a
compatibility macro some time after that release.  So my best guess is
that there's a mismatch between the autoloads that come with Emacs (no
org-called-interactively-p for instance) and his installation.  If so,
things should start to work if he simply loads _all_ files in the org
directory (org-reload isn't enough if a feature had never been loaded
before).

It would probably be easiest to just install a working make on his
machine and build org with that.  If that's a no-go, make sure
lisp/org-install.el does not exist already, enter the following into the
*Scratch* buffer (adjust the path to the org directory)

(let ((generated-autoload-file "/path/to/org-mode/lisp/org-install.el"))
  (update-directory-autoloads "/path/to/org-mode/lisp"))

and then execute that (C-j or C-x C-e with the cursor after the last
paren).

Regards,
Achim.