Re: [O] Bug: org-capture Does not take user to any new buffer

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: org-capture Does not take user to any new buffer
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2012 13:45:57 -0400

Mike Fitzgerald <address@hidden> wrote:

> Setup
> -I performed my org-mode update by downloading org-7.8.11.zip

from orgmode.org? or somewhere else?

> Then extracting using something like
>    rt click, "extract here"
>
> I also ran a defun that I found on wiki pages with the subject
> "Compiling without make"

On which wiki page? What is the complete code?

> (defun my/compile-org(&optional directory)
>   "Compile all *.el files that come with org-mode."
>   (interactive)

Clean up all the .elc files and don't do that: try to run without
compiling. I suspect (without any evidence to back up my suspicion) that
this is a half-assed step that messes up the install somehow.

> RUN Result
> Without restarting Emacs I run
> m-: (load-library "org-macs")
> followed by org-capture
> Result:
> -Behavior was exactly the same bug we have been discussing (did not change).

What does C-h f org-called-interactively-p RET say?

I'm worried about the fact that org-called-interactively-p is a macro and that
the compilation you are doing is not quite kosher and somehow interacts badly
with the macro-ness.

Nick