Re: [O] [babel] session initialization (was RE: python/babel inline imag

From: Mikhail Titov
Subject: Re: [O] [babel] session initialization (was RE: python/babel inline images)
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2012 14:41:45 -0500

So the fragment above does look legitimate to you? I just add

(format "cd('%s');\n" (file-name-directory (buffer-file-name)))

and problem solved? Well... for sessions. I don't know if it is common to
use non-session based calculations...

> > Also IIRC ob-sh does not change directory though I tried it on Windows
with
> > cmd.exe.
>
> Granted I only run on linux, but (on linux) ob-sh *does* run in the
> directory of the containing Org-mode file.
>
> > Worth mentioning that it tangles into dot sh instead of dot bat or dot
> > cmd on that platform. It misses platform specific
> >
> > (defvar org-babel-tangle-lang-exts)
> > (if (string-equal system-type "windows-nt")
> >   (add-to-list 'org-babel-tangle-lang-exts '("sh" . "bat"))
> > )
> >

> OK, could you convert the above into a patch which we could apply to
> ob-sh?

I think there should be more than that. I do sometimes use bash from msys on
Win32 so I'd expect sh as a tangled file name extension in this case. I
believe it can be accomplished as with matlab / octave by adding a new
language cmd that will reuse most of sh. I'll see what I can do.

M.