Re: [O] new exporter

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: [O] new exporter
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2012 21:59:49 +0200

Nicolas Goaziou writes:
> declarations (instead of requires) are here to avoid circular
> dependencies. Why do you want to revert that in the first place?

...because so many of them were missing that it seemed easier to simply
pull in the definitions by requirement.

>> The way org-export is structured unfortunately produces circular
>> dependencies due to the dispatcher and that prevents it from being
>> compiled properly.
>
> I think that adding autoload cookies on export functions and removing
> requires in the dispatcher should solve most problems.

Yes, that was what I was thinking as well.  But that is not actually the
problem with the compilation, but rather your use of cl macros in some
places.  Somehow this messes up the compilation in a non-obvious way,
see my other post.  If you want to try it yourself, delete one of the
org-e-*.elc files after the first compilation and try to compile that
again and watch it explode...

Regards,
Achim.