Re: [O] Error while editing sh source code.

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] Error while editing sh source code.
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2012 12:28:58 -0600

Diep Pham Van <address@hidden> writes:

> I want to write some shell script in my org file, so I add these line
> in it.
>
>    #+name: random line
>    #+begin_src sh
>      cat filename.txt | sort --random-sort | sed -e '1!d'
>    #+end_src
>
> But when I put cursor in src block and press `C-c '`, emacs show that
> error:
>    byte-code: Language mode `sh-mode' fails with: "Invalid file-name"
>
> The other modes (at least python, sql) is run without problem.
>
> Can anybody show me how to fix this?
>
> My emacs version: 23.4.1
> My org-mode version: 7.8.11
>
> And this is my config: https://github.com/favadi/dotemacs

I am able to edit the above with C-' and run it successfully.  However
you should note that spaces are not allowed in code block names, so when
I run this code block my results are simply named "random".

Please try the above with emacs started with the "-Q" option to see if
the problem lies somewhere in your personal configuration.

Thanks,

--
Eric Schulte
http://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte