Re: [O] Checkboxes for description lists

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Checkboxes for description lists
Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2012 15:43:29 +0200

Hello,

Robert Yates <address@hidden> writes:

> What is the reason for disallowing the commands for adding and
> toggling checkboxes on descripton list items (that is "- partA ::
> partB" list items) ?  (attempting to do so results in the message
> "Cannot add a checkbox to a description list item")

Good question.

I think I thought I had a good reason to do so when I implemented this
rule... Oh, well.

I removed this limitation in org-list.el and modified new exporters so
they handle checkboxes in description lists correctly (that is by adding
checkbox before the tag, not before the description). If it breaks
something beyond repair, I'll just revert the patch.

While at simplifying this `org-list-automatic-rules' variable, I think
that `indent' and `bullet' rules should be hard-coded too. There's no
real reason to make them configurable after all.

Then `org-list-automatic-rules' could be set to a boolean value and
renamed to `org-list-update-statistics-cookies' or something similar.

Any objection to that?

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou