Re: [O] org-e-html: Including ATTR_HTML: title="hover text"

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] org-e-html: Including ATTR_HTML: title="hover text"
Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2012 15:54:20 +0200

Hello,

William Crandall <address@hidden> writes:

> You mentioned before using "filters." I take it these are the ones
> described in org-export-filters.el (line 1775), "The Filter System."
> Has anyone written up any worked examples of these?

org-e-ascii.el and org-e-html.el both use filters.  Also, I posted a few
examples on this list while answering to requests from users.

> And, is that the best tool for adding attributes to links?

Besides your canonical example, I don't know exactly what are your
needs. Hence, it may be, but that's hard to tell.

Filters are meant to modify output from transcoders (so you're working
with HTML, or LaTeX, or... material) before it is concatenated into
global result.  They allow the user to have the last word in any
situation.

You can also define your own transcoders if you prefer to work on parsed
data.

Now, if the attributes you want to add have no pattern with regards to
related link, you cannot do much programmatically and you'll have to
insert HTML code manually.

Also, besides code comments, you may have a look at:

  http://orgmode.org/worg/dev/org-export-reference.html

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou