Re: [O] calfw, get rid of file names

From: Kyle Machulis
Subject: Re: [O] calfw, get rid of file names
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 12:14:29 -0700

On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 1:40 AM, Michael Welle <address@hidden> wrote:
> The thing Kyle wanted to point out is that you can customise
> the item in the above advice. (message item) just prints the item to the
> status line.
>
> Since I'm a bit short on time at the moment I cheated a little bit and
> manipulated the function cfw:org-summary-format (calfw-org.el). At the
> end of this function I excluded the buffer name from the concatenation.

Hah, wow, ok, I actually completely was not paying attention when I
copy/pasted that, just thought "Oh I remember fixing that" and didn't
realize I never actually /finished/ the function, and hadn't used
calfw much since. Oops. :)

But yeah, that is definitely a way to change the output, but on
further inspection it doesn't look like the right one. If you check
out calfw-org.el, there's a useful defvar,
cfw:org-schedule-summary-transformer. This allows you to write your
own summary line transformer without even needing to advise, so you
could just copy cfw:org-summary-format, chop it up to your hearts
content, then set the variable without modifying the package at all.
I'll probably do this myself.

Also