Re: [O] new (LaTeX) exporter and date formatting

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: Re: [O] new (LaTeX) exporter and date formatting
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 16:36:56 +0200

Hi Nicolas,

Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
> Andreas Leha <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I do not mind.  I can have '#+LATEX_HEADER: \usepackage[en]{babel}' in
>> all my .org files by default and have the exporter override the language
>> setting based on the '#+LANGUAGE:' tag.
>
> I've pushed the patch. Thanks for the language list.
>
> Note that LANGUAGE doesn't override Babel package's options, but append
> another language to them if not already specified.
>
> Hence,
>
>   #+LATEX_HEADER: \usepackage[english]{babel}
>   #+LANGUAGE: fr
>
> will produce
>
>   \usepackage[frenchb,english]{babel}

That's wrong a the main language is the latest loaded (here: english).

> Should it replace previous language instead?

I would think so, or at least suffixed, instead of being prefixed.

Of course, this is related to the question: do we allow or want multiple
languages in one document? If the answer is yes in LaTeX, how do we do in Org,
and for the HTML export (for which the value of #+LANGUAGE is also used).

Honestly, I don't care that much about one or the other, as I don't have to
type documents with multiple languages inside them. Or, if I would, I would
accept to insert LaTeX code inside my Org file to fix whatever needs to!

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban