Re: [O] [dev] About a beamer back-end

From: Daniel Bausch
Subject: Re: [O] [dev] About a beamer back-end
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 08:32:19 +0200

Hi Nicolas,

first of all, I think the block idea is a good one, as long a notes will
remain headlines.  Nevertheless I often had the problem in my documents,
that I wanted to insert code between frames.  It would be great, if you
could provide a clean solution for such things, too.  (ignoreheading
does not work in all cases)  A special headline class or tag that does
not generate a frame but can contain LaTeX code that is inserted instead
of a frame would be enough.  Inserting a great number of "newcommand"
calls before the first frame would be another use of such a thing, as
the alternative, multiple "#+LaTeX_HEADER" statements, is very ugly and
even sometimes fails because of parser problems.

Then I had another problem, for which I was forced to patch the org-mode
code: My university requires me to use a corporate design for my slides.
 This design is implemented as a document class, so instead of
\documentclass{beamer} I need to use a different class name.  However,
Org Beamer only works correctly, if the documentclass is "beamer".
(#+STARTUP: beamer is NOT enough)  Therefore, I needed to change the
hardcoded string in the source code (and now can only output documents
with the corporate style).  It would be very nice, if you could find a
solution that works without a hardcoded string at all.  Maybe rely on
"#+STARTUP: beamer" or something else.  (The function I needed to modify
is org-beamer-after-initial-vars)

Kind regards,
Daniel

--