Re: [O] Selective export of Babel code blocks

From: suvayu ali
Subject: Re: [O] Selective export of Babel code blocks
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 18:08:02 +0200

Hi John,

On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 4:53 PM, John Hendy <address@hidden> wrote:
> Doing this got me to thinking how it would be
> quite neat to run code in a block but mark it to be omitted from
> export for these kind of "setup" lines that are necessary for the
> desired graphs but unnecessary for your reader to see over and over
> again.
>
> Thoughts? I'm quite a novice and very possibly missed something that
> can already do this.

Hopefully I understood your question correctly. My solution to "setup"
code blocks is use the noweb syntax. Following is an example with Gnuplot.

  #+PROPERTY: noweb yes
  #+PROPERTY: results silent
  #+BIND: org-confirm-babel-evaluate nil

  * Gnuplot source
  #+name: preamble
  #+begin_src gnuplot
    reset
    set terminal pdfcairo color size 21cm,14.8cm
    set termoption enhanced
    set encoding utf8
    set termoption font "DejaVuSerif,8"
    # ...
  #+end_src

  #+begin_src gnuplot :noweb yes :var limits=Bpluslimits
    <<preamble>>
    plot "$limits" using 1:2 title 'Theory'  set output
  #+end_src

  * Table
  #+tblname: Bpluslimits
  |   |  Theory |