Re: [O] [dev] About a beamer back-end

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] [dev] About a beamer back-end
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 15:21:32 +0200

Hello,

Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> writes:

> Well, I will have to chime in with a contrary view.  I like using
> headlines to define blocks, and I use blocks on almost every frame.  I
> have the following reasons for preferring a headline approach:
>
> - the proposed approach does not easily (at all?) cater for blocks
>   within blocks

I may be missing your point, but you can have nested blocks.  What would
be more difficult to achieve with blocks?

> - ease of hiding of content: org for me is still primarily an
>   outliner!

You can hide blocks too.

> - being able to re-arrange content in a frame quickly (M-<up>, etc.)

See `org-element-drag-backward' and `org-element-drag-forward'.

> - within frames, there is no other use for lower level headlines.  Using
>   these for blocks seems appropriate.  What else could they be used
>   for?

Good question.

One idea would be to use them as outline tools that would have no impact
on export (they would help hiding frame contents in the buffer but would
be ignored in produced LaTeX code).

Obviously, both approaches (blocks or headlines) have drawbacks.  I'm
still unsure about which one would be the quickest/cleanest/most useful.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou