Re: [O] :var problems with R

From: Neuwirth Erich
Subject: Re: [O] :var problems with R
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 20:26:12 +0200

Meanwhile I learned that

#+name: xvar
: waterfall

#+name: myblock
#+begin_src R :var xxx=xvar
print(xxx)
#+end_src

#+RESULTS: myblock
: waterfall

ans so will

#+name: xvar2
: water

#+name: myblock2
#+begin_src R :var xxx=xvar2
xxx
#+end_src

#+RESULTS: myblock2
: water

The critical missing piece for me was the colon in front of the value in a name
definition.

I wanted this because I am running a project on different machines, and I want
to give the
name od subdirectories through this mechanism.
Ir seems cleaner than using code in a programming language when we just need
constants.

And I explained the problem seems to be that a value returned by R in a named
block is not accessible
as a named "variable".
In this case, I would rather stay with R which I need anyhow and I have to
explain to my coworkers.
Using emacs-lisp additionally would just make things harder to understand fore
some of the project members.

This also works now

#+name: rvar
#+begin_src R