[O] BBDB Sync (Was: Re: [Orgmode] Re: contact management in org-mode?)

From: Sriram Karra
Subject: [O] BBDB Sync (Was: Re: [Orgmode] Re: contact management in org-mode?)
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 11:51:20 +0530

I was searching through the list archives when I came across this old thread. I thought I would point out some recent developments in the BBDB world that might be of general interest to Emacs users.

I am the author of a sync tool that can perform bi-directional sync between MS Outlook / Google Contacts / Emacs BBDB. You can set up a sync profile between any folder in one of those with any folder in any of the other two. It's been released to the bbdb-info audience, and it seems to be working quite well (no complaints yet of ASynK eating up peoples contacts.) Give it a shot by visiting the project page at: http://karra-asynk.appspot.com/

Further, BBDB v3 is getting ready to come out of alpha status, as per a recent mail on bbdb-info by the current maintainer Roland Winkler.

All in all, there is some action on the BBDB side of the world, and this is a great time for the faithful to return to the fold :)

-Karra