Re: [O] Org-mode as a replacement for delicious (bookmark management)

From: Rafael
Subject: Re: [O] Org-mode as a replacement for delicious (bookmark management)
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2012 10:51:46 -0500

Karl Voit <address@hidden> writes:

> * Storing bookmarks from browsers (me: Chrome)
>
> org-protocol.el[1] seems promising. And also [2] is quite
> interesting. But unfortunately those still lack advanced support for
> tagging: I would have to send the URL to Emacs Org-mode, switch from
> browser to Emacs, jump to the most recently added entry, go into
> tagging mode, add tags (having Org-mode tag completion), exit
> tagging mode. This means a lot of additional steps to my current
> situation.
>
> I am not happy about those additional steps.

I think you can save some steps here. You can define the capture
template in such a way that, immediately after switching from the
browser to Emacs, you can add tags with C-c C-q to the filled captured
template before sending it away with C-c C-c. I do not understand what
you mean by "tagging mode".

Best regards,