Re: [O] org-mode wrongly parse asterisk (*) in a math equation as mark o

From: Zihan, Sheldon Liu
Subject: Re: [O] org-mode wrongly parse asterisk (*) in a math equation as mark of bold font
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 18:27:46 +0800

Indeed, it is wrongly showed in the emacs buffer, before exporting. FYI, I'm use org-mode 7.8

On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 6:23 PM, Sebastien Vauban <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Carsten,

Carsten Dominik wrote:
> On 26.6.2012, at 10:45, Zihan, Sheldon Liu wrote:
>
>> I wrote the following line in org-mode, which contains two equations.
>>
>> $(Z^{*}_{m}, \cdot m)$  $(Z^{*}_{m}, \cdot m)$
>>
>> But the org-mode didn't identify them as equations. Instead, it highlight
>> the part between the two *s, i.e. }_{m}, \cdot m)$ $(Z^{, making this part
>> bold. Is this a bug of org-mode or my own mistake?
>
> Is this with the new exporter? I tried the old one just now, and it did this
> correctly in both cases….

AFAIU, the OP is not talking of export, only of how it's visible in the Org
buffer itself.

It's true that the equation is not shown as it should (in this case) because
`*' are interpreted as bold markers.

Best regards,
 Seb

--