Re: [O] Exporting to groff...

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] Exporting to groff...
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 07:33:46 -0400

Luis Anaya <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi:
>
> Being that groff is not available in org mode (at least by default, I
> decided to give it a try and write a driver to export Org files into
> groff with the use of the -mm macros.
>
> Being that I'm not familiar with many of the facilities in Org mode,
> I am modifying the org-latex.el to write groff markups.
>
> In its current incarnation it exports the titles, content and basic
> support for tables
>
> You can see the resultant output at:  http://ppl.ug/1_8pA3lpXWA/
>
> Really messy code currently in http://github.com/papoanaya/emacs_utils

If you are going to continue working on this and take it further, it
would be a good idea to change your starting point: org-latex.el is on
its way to extinction, to be replaced by Nicolas Goaziou's "new"
exporter. The code for that is in contrib/lisp/org-export.el, and the
latex/html/ascii backends are implemented in
contrib/lisp/org-e-{latex,html,ascii}.el. They are all based on a "real"
org parser in contrib/lisp/org-elements.el, as opposed to the ad-hoc
collection that the current backends use.

Nick