Re: [O] R and babel on Windows problem

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [O] R and babel on Windows problem
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2012 16:47:26 -0500

On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 4:26 PM, Nick Dokos <address@hidden> wrote:
> John Hendy <address@hidden> wrote:

>> > edebug org-babel-R-evaluate-external-process and single step through it
>> > perhaps? I would clean up .elc files and start a new emacs before trying
>> > that just to makee sure that I have a clean slate. You might have to go
>> > down to org-babel-eval as well and single step through that.
>>
>> Just did a fresh git clone and make via the updated non-gnu-tools
>> method on worg.
>>
>> The above = `M-x edebug org-babel-R-evaluate-external-process`?
>>
>> I've never done this. When I do `M-x edebug TAB` I get various edebug
>> completions but not it as a standalone command.
>>

> Oh, sorry: edebug is described in
>
> (info "(elisp) Edebug")
>
> The basics: visit ob-R.el, go to the org-babel-R-evaluate-external-process
> definition and press C-u C-M-x. Then do whatever you were doing to get the
> problem. It should stop at the function and you can single-step by pressing
> SPACE. At strategic points, you can evaluate things with "e".

Eeks. Is the fact that I learned emacs only for org-mode showing. I
don't even know how to =(info "(elisp) Edebug")= -- do I put an =M-x=
in front of that? =M-x info= seems to bring me to a help page for
info!

Anyway... I just googled edebug and it says about the same as you did
(except for appending "eval-defun with a prefix argument" onto =C-u
C-M-x=.
- http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/elisp/Using-Edebug.html

Anyway:
- Visited ob-R.el in emacs
- Found org-babel-R-evaluate-external-process
- Put the cursor on the line =(defun org-babel-R-evaluate-external-process=
- Did =M-x C-M-x= and the minibuffer echoed the name of the function
- Visited my file, test.org and did =C-c C-c= on the R babel block
- Nothing different occurred; I just got "The system cannot find the
path specified"

I tried the above again with regular 'ol org-babel-R-evaluate just in
case and had the same results.

I'm clearly goofing something but have no idea what it is.

John