Re: [O] [ANN] Beamer back-end for org-export in contrib/

From: suvayu ali
Subject: Re: [O] [ANN] Beamer back-end for org-export in contrib/
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2012 12:04:09 +0200

Hi Nicolas,

Apologies for taking so long to respond.

On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 1:56 PM, Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:
> Now, /every/ property set through an export keyword can also be defined
> with an headline property.  That property has the same name as the
> keyword, with an "EXPORT_" prefix (i.e #+DATE: and :EXPORT_DATE:).
>
> This is also true for keywords defined by back-ends (#+LATEX_CLASS:
> and :EXPORT_LATEX_CLASS:).

I tested this and it works just as I was expecting it to. :)

Another question, I noticed that the new exported does not have the
exported file open in Emacs after it is done. I presume it is because
the new engine doesn't work on a buffer anymore. Would it be possible to
have Emacs open the exported file in the end?

While exporting often I feel the need to see the exported result when I
am working on a fairly complicated document. Sometimes it is to check if
org did the export correctly or to check if LaTeX rendered my
figure/equation as I am expecting it to. I realise at other times this
might be undesirable and maybe even intrusive.

I guess it seems like an adhoc addition but then the option could be
user customisable (turned off by default). In any case it is a "nice to
have" request, nothing to lose sleep over. :)

Thanks again for all the hard work.

Cheers,

--
Suvayu