Re: [O] org-export-select-tags

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] org-export-select-tags
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2012 20:54:05 -0400

suvayu ali <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 12:13 AM, Nick Dokos <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> >    o post an ECM to begin with - no ifs, ands or buts.
> >    o post what you tested *exactly*.
> >    o test what you (or somebody else) posted *exactly* as it was posted.
>
> A comment with regards to the above; from the experience in this thread
> it seems posting an ECM is better done as a plain text attachment rather
> than inline quoted regions. After all getting from inline quoted regions
> to working examples require human intervention which, as we saw, is
> prone to errors. ;)

If the human intervention is the problem, then I would advocate
education, rather than attachments, as the solution: after all there is
nothing that would stop that kind of intervention *after* the attachment
has been saved. But in the face of more and more idiotic mail software
out there that mangles messages irredeemably, I will reluctantly agree:
I'm still old fashioned enough to prefer inline quoting, but I have been
known to repost something as an attachment if the inline post gets
mangled.

Nick