[O] Update-persistent R library repo

From: John Hendy
Subject: [O] Update-persistent R library repo
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2012 16:58:04 -0500

I recently inquired with someone at an R meetup group about how to
make an update-persistant repo for my R libraries. He suggested
creating a file ~/.Renviron with the contents:

.---
| R_LIBS=C:/Users/a1rwhzz/Documents/R
`---

I did this and it works great from the R program via my Windows start
shortcut, but not from Emacs/ESS which is what Org-mode looks for. I
thought I'd ask here as surely some of you have done this. I think the
primary issue is that Emacs defines ~/ as
C:/Users/uname/AppData/Roaming whereas the R program seems to define
it as C:/Users/uname/Documents (which is also C:/Users/uname/My
Documents).

Suggestions?

Also, since I created this file, my CRAN mirror GUI picker no longer
pops up with install.packages(). I'm thinking there has to be a more
robust way. Do you typically start R in the same directory each time
when using ESS/Org-mode?

Thanks for any suggestions,
John