Re: [O] How to integrate org-mode in a MS Windows-/Office-based environm

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: Re: [O] How to integrate org-mode in a MS Windows-/Office-based environment?
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 08:11:55 +0530

On the viewing front, doc-view can be used to view OpenDocument files
right within Emacs.

,----
| 35 Document Viewing
| *******************
|
| DocView mode is a major mode for viewing DVI, PostScript (PS), PDF,
| OpenDocument, and Microsoft Office documents.  It provides features
| such as slicing, zooming, and searching inside documents.  It works by
| converting the document to a set of images using the `gs' (GhostScript)
| command and other external tools (1), and displaying those images.
`----

The viewer uses unoconv as the default converter.  There were some
issues that I identified while using LibreOffice as converter.  It is
possible that pdf file generated by the two converters differ in a
subtle way.