Re: [O] Emacs23 on Ubuntu recognizes 'remember', not 'capture'

From: Giovanni Ridolfi
Subject: Re: [O] Emacs23 on Ubuntu recognizes 'remember', not 'capture'
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 15:04:19 +0100 (BST)

Da: Rian Murphy <address@hidden>
Inviato: Martedì 17 Luglio 2012 15:32

Hi, Rian

> I am using emacs 23 on an Ubuntu server. I also use emacs 22 on a Macbook pro.
> On the Macbook, I set up my .emacs file to use orgmode and defined several
> capture templates. They work fine on the Macbook.

> So I set up the .emacs file in the Ubuntu environment to start up org mode,
> and
> copied my capture templates over. When I tried to do a capture, however, emacs
> (on Ubuntu) didn't recognize 'org-capture'. The only way I could get it to
> work
> is to change all the'capture' references in .emcas to 'remember', and
> redo the templates using the remember syntax.

> I'd prefer to use capture on my Ubuntu installation. I searched the gmane
> archives and didn't find any clues.

Pelase, do
M-x emacs-version
and
M-x org-version

in both systems; then if version is < than 6.36, you should not have capture,
but only remember
[[info:org#Capture]]

> Would I have to somehow uninstall emacs 23 and install emacs 22?
> Any other ideas?
- Wouldn't be possible for you to Install emacs 24?
- yopu can also try to download and install latest org (see org website)

cheers,
Giovanni