Re: [O] Emacs23 on Ubuntu recognizes 'remember', not 'capture'

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] Emacs23 on Ubuntu recognizes 'remember', not 'capture'
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 12:38:04 -0400

Rian Murphy <address@hidden> wrote:

> Christopher Witte <chris <at> witte.net.au> writes:

> > Upgrading org is easy and there are instructions in the FAQ,
> > http://orgmode.org/worg/org-faq.html#updating-org
> >
> > Chris.
> >

> Chris, thanks for your help. I should have looked in the org-mode
> FAQ to start with -- I apologize.
> Oddly, however, when I do a 'git pull' and a 'make up2', then restart
> emacs, 'org-version' still tells me I have version 6.30c.
> 'emacs-version' still says 23.1.50.1.
> Maybe it's a Ubuntu thing....       Thanks again, R.M.

You probably don't have the installation directory in your load-path.
Check with C-h v load-path RET.

In my case, make up2 installed into

    /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org

(afaik, that's the case with default values of ``prefix'' and ``DESTDIR'':
the first one is "/usr/share" and the second is undefined in the default
configuration).
If that's the case with you as well, then you'd have to say

(add-to-list 'load-path "/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org")

before

(require 'org-install)

Nick