Re: [O] Closing org buffers after agenda

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [O] Closing org buffers after agenda
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 14:43:24 -0500

On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 2:41 PM, Nick Dokos <address@hidden> wrote:
> John Hendy <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> I don't use agenda as often as a lot of folks. When I do, I notice
>> that all org files in my agenda path end up open. Sometimes this has
>> caused issues as I've been working on a file and then after agenda I
>> notice that there's a file.org<2> buffer. I'll go to save one and it
>> will tell me it's changed on disk and I have a hard time figuring out
>> which one I should keep!
>>
>> Is there a way to close the buffers opened by agenda? Does agenda
>> leave them open for quicker searching for the next time? Or I wondered
>> if they need to be open buffers to it to look at the contents.
>>

> 'x' in the agenda (bound to org-agenda-exit) will do that.

Doh! Thanks :)

> However, I find it easier to go from the agenda to the file, rather than
> navigating through the file system: C-c a a <move cursor to entry> TAB gets me
> there pretty quickly.

As in, if you're editing files linked in the agenda, you'd rather
leave them open and navigate to them from agenda? If so, that makes
sense. I keep nearly everything in one projects.org file but search
other files for reference material (I have an education.org for
classes I've taken at work, devel.org for goal tracking/evaluation
stuff, contacts.org, etc.). I use those other files quite rarely, so I
really only need projects.org open for the most part.

Thanks!
John