Re: [O] Bug (?): Indentation of lists and customized TODOs

From: Jeremiah Dodds
Subject: Re: [O] Bug (?): Indentation of lists and customized TODOs
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 17:21:37 -0400

AW <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I'm writing lots of plain lists (»unordered lists«). But the third
> line in one item is no longer indented, *if I customize the TODOs* by
> adding something like »#+TODO: TODO INPUT ASK MAYBE | CANCELLED DONE«
> . So how can I customize org-mode TODOs and keep the lists working?
>

> #+TODO: TODO INPUT ASK MAYBE | CANCELLED DONE
> * berschrift
> Example:
>   - This is the first line.
>   - This is the second line and here I'm adding more and more text. It
>     may be the description of something, let's say the summary of one
> of a chapter...
>
> You see? The third line is not indented like it should be.
>
> Thank you for your help,
>
> kind regards,
>
> Alexander

I also see this behaviour, more commonly with definition lists, and
(seemingly) somewhat sporadically, it doesn't always happen for me. I
suspected that it had something to do with my setting
`org-cycle-separator-lines` to 0, but I'm currently unable to reproduce
the behaviour with or without that setting.

Guess this is mostly a report of seeing the same behaviour. Also, when
it happens, TAB at the end of the line would fail to indent the line
properly, but if I put a space at the beginning of the line and then hit
TAB it would give me the expected indentation.

I run emacs off of trunk, and org snapshots from ELPA, updating fairly
often. Currently:

emacs-version: 24.1.50.2
org-version: 7.8.11