[O] Installation via el-get: info not added correctly

From: Markus Baden
Subject: [O] Installation via el-get: info not added correctly
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2012 12:06:34 +0800

Hi,

I'm relatively new to both (the awesome) org-mode, el-get and emacs, so I think I just describe what problem I encountered when installing org-mode via el-get. Hopefully someone can point me into the right direction where to look (el-get or org-mode) in order to fix that problem.

I just installed org-mode via the recipe provided with the current development version of el-get [1]. Org-Mode is installed correctly into emacs.d/el-get/org-mode and the docs can be found in the doc subfolder. The recipe [2] adds the doc to the info via the :info "doc" property. However, when going to the info browser with C-h i the org-mode docs cannot be found. In the doc subfolder there is a file called "org" (no filename extension), which looks like the info file. After doing a "cp org org.info" the org-mode info shows up in the info browser.

What do you think, is the recipe flawed, that is should it point to "doc/org", or did the build process not build the org.info file correctly?

Best regards,

Markus

[1] https://github.com/dimitri/el-get/
[2] https://github.com/dimitri/el-get/blob/master/recipes/org-mode.rcp